Wednesday, November 24, 2010

ALEXIS GOMEZ HURT IN FATAL DOMINICAN TRAFFIC ACCIDENT

Newly-acquired Mexico City Diablos Rojos outfielder Alexis Gomez was taken to a hospital’s intensive care unit following a fatal traffic accident Monday in the Dominican Republic. The 32-year-old Gomez, who led the Mexican League with 37 stolen bases for Laguna last summer prior to being traded to Mexico City in the offseason, has been playing winterball with the Licey Tigres in the Dominican League (where he was batting .267 in 20 games at the time of the accident).

According to Puro Beisbol, police reports say Gomez was traveling through the city of Santiago in an SUV on Monday afternoon when the vehicle lost control and struck a pedestrian, who died at the scene. The crash also caused injuries to several other people including Gomez, who was rushed to Santiago Metropolitan Hospital. He has been tended to by neurosurgeon Adriano Valdez. A statement from the hospital said “The clinical picture is stable despite the severity of the accident.”

Gomez appeared in three seasons of MLB ball with Kansas City between 2002 and 2004 before playing for Detroit in 2005 and 2006. He helped the Tigers win the 2006 American League pennant by batting .276 and belting a playoff homer against Oakland. Gomez hit .352 for Laguna in 2010.

12 comments:

  1. I simply couldn't leave your site before suggesting that I extremely loved the usual information a person provide on your visitors? Is going to be again steadily in order to investigate cross-check new posts
    my web site: favorite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! This blog looks exactly like my old one!
    It's on a totally different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Wonderful choice of colors!

    my blog :: diamond titanium rings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is among the most vital info for me. And i am glad reading your article.
    But wanna remark on some general things, The site style is great,
    the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers

    Feel free to visit my blog letter

    ReplyDelete
  4. In that way you can accelerate your weight reduction together with the
    aerobic exercises that you do.

    Look into my website; epic dumbbells

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is certainly one of my largest pet peeves within the gymnasium,
    viewing men do bench presses as well as other exercise routines and
    only likely halfway down.

    My web-site free weights for sale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Usually I do not read article on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up
    very compelled me to try and do so! Your writing taste has
    been surprised me. Thank you, quite nice post.

    Here is my web-site: acoustic guitar chords for beginners

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even so, these tools will do the job finest with supper setting considering that they can help you save time.


    My blog - adjustable dumbbells

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most have a very high h2o and fiber content, so that they fill you up with out incorporating several calories.


    Here is my web blog :: bowflex for sale

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been working with mine for 4 months and and may now match again into my old outfits without difficulty.

    Take a look at my page best adjustable dumbbells

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's got 9 diverse exercise routine programs that a male can choose from.

    Also visit my page please click the following internet page

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks fοr another great post. The plaсе else could anyonе gеt that type of
    info in ѕuch an ideal meаns of writing?
    I've a presentation subsequent week, and I'm on the ѕearch for such info.



    Мy websіte - 888 Poκer Promotiоnѕ :: :
    :

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woω, amazing blog layout! How long have you been blogging fоr?
    you make blоgging looκ eаsy. The oνerall
    looκ of your ѕitе is gгеat, as well as the сontent!


    Αlsο visit my web site :: CarbonPoker Offer

    ReplyDelete