Friday, September 10, 2010

AMADOR TO SPEND TIME WITH METS' INSTRUCTIONAL TEAM

Mexican star first baseman Japhet Amador is spending 20 days with the New York Mets Florida Instructional League team in September and October.

Amador, the 2009 Mexican League co-Rookie of the Year, spent last summer with the Mexico City Diablos Rojos and hit .366 with 14 homers in 79 games despite a leg injury that sidelined him for three weeks. “I am going to Toluca to get the go-ahead and see if I can play,” the 6’4” Mulege native said. “Here at home, I’ve been walking and exercising. I get my therapy and I will know exactly when I can play.”

Amador says he plans to head to the Guasave Algodoneros’ training camp when his time in Florida is up. “I’ll report to Guasave immediately after my commitment to the Mets. I think that between October 5 and 10 I’ll be completely ready for Guasave.”

Last winter, Amador hit .270 with 7 homers for Guasave in 44 Mexican Pacific League games.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

este verga es puto y le gusta la verga es de santa rosalia el mayate del bat